The Head Office of Jai Prakash Vishwavidyalaya is located in the eastern side of Chapra town. The University offices are functioning here from 9th April 2008. 242 acres of land has been acquired here for University campus.
- Chapra is connected to rest of India and its major Cities through road and rail links. It in turn is also connected to the state capital, Patna.
- The University Department of Botany and Zoology are functioning from Science Block.
- Physics, Chemistry, Geography and Psychology are functioning from EBC Hostel building.
- The Directorate of Distance Education and Central Library are running in the campus of Jai Prakash University, Chapra.
- The University Department of Hindi, Bhojpuri and Philosophy are functioning from Inspection Bungalow of local State Electricity Department at Dak Bunglow Road (earlier University Headquarter)
- Rest of all Non-practical subject Departments of Arts and Commerce are located at PG Building in Rajendra College Campus on Gudri Main Road.